Career Now is seeking a Business Development Representative to help us expand our ever-growing client roster which includes some of the largest trucking, staffing, logistics, salon and automotive service companies in the world! You will primarily focus on revenue generation through prospecting, outreach, and client retention. You will report directly to the Director of RocketPost and work alongside other business development and client success team members. Our environment is fast-paced, dynamic, proactive, and full of career growth. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, personable team player, anxious to learn with a passion for startups and/or technology and sales.
What you will do:
● Take a direct and creative approach to prospecting and new business outreach
● Identify potential customers and contribute leads to a collaborative prospecting list
● Qualify potential customers based on interest, need, and scalability
● Set up demos with interested parties and include sales director where necessary
● Consistently monitor market conditions or trends directly related to our platform
● Contact current or potential customers to promote products or services and explain technical product or service information to customers.
● Utilize existing CRM to track and maintain records of customer accounts and progress
● Study product information to acquire professional knowledge in order to sell, provide support, consult and train new and existing clients on the RocketPost platform
● Be a liaison with the Success and Marketing Team, to provide feedback for customer-facing communication
● Learn to master Salesforce, Apollo.io, Tawk.to, Zoom, Slack, and other company tools
What you will need:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 1-2 years of sales or business development experience preferred
● Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with clients
● The ability and willingness to make cold calls and conduct cold written outreach via various mediums to attract new clients
● Strong analytical and organizational skills
● Anxious to learn about start-ups and customer service and additional sales functions
● Assist the account team with all administrative aspects of handling new and existing clients
● Ability to work independently without constant oversight but able to provide weekly updates on the progress
● Need the ability to pivot between responsibilities in a high-growth environment.
● Ability to troubleshoot platform bugs, errors, or outages as they occur, with potential for after-hours and weekends pending severity and resolution plan
● Additional experience valued:
○ CRM knowledge (Salesforce or Hubspot)
○ Apollo.io or other sales outreach sequencing tools
○ Tawk.to or other chatbot communication software
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.