Career Now Brands is seeking an exceptional Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Technology team in IT Operations. You will leverage your years of hands-on cloud infrastructure engineering experience to help improve, grow, and secure our cloud infrastructure while applying industry standards and best practices.
What you will do:
● Administration of cloud infrastructure to create, manage, automate, and monitor AWS and Digital Ocean.
● Optimize performance, scale out, and build resiliency in the platform.
● Monitor and Implementing security improvements to our current cloud infrastructure, servers, storage, and databases
● Review, update, and document disaster recovery strategy
● Audit configuration, access levels, and logs
● Act as a backup to our Cloud Database Administrator with day-to-day activities when needed
● Troubleshoot service outages as they occur, including after-hours, and weekends
What you will need:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience.
● Strong understanding of AWS Services; EC2, ECS, IAM, CloudWatch, Lambda, RDS, CloudFront, ECR, S3, EFS, Route53, along with best practices around securing cloud environments (IAM, network security controls, AWS Config, WAF, etc.)
● 3+ years with hands-on experience with the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure at scale
● Strong understanding of ITIL best practices
Scripting and automation experience (Python, Node.js
, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
● Familiarity with networking and application protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.
● Experience with IDS and/or IPS (OSSEC, Snort, Suricata, Wazuh, etc.)
● Experience with managing Linux servers
● An organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
● Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
● Intrinsically motivated Self-Starter and Critical thinker who has a strong sense of ownership and that can multitask
● Bonus experience and/or knowledge:
○ Certification: AWS Certified Security - Specialty and/or other AWS certifications
○ One or more certifications of: CISSP, OSCP, GSEC, etc.
○ Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, and/or CloudFormation
○ Experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and/or Salt
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education, and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.