Career Now is seeking Team Lead, Data Services (Performance Reporting and Analytics) who will lead other Performance Reporting Analysts. As the lead, you will work closely with subject matter experts, peers, and clients to develop customer and campaign reporting, insights, and analysis using a variety of tools including but not limited to: SQL, Tableau, Matillion, and a variety of channel specific marketing tools.
Candidates will be expected to consult with users to define metrics, use cases, viz needs, and execute the analysis and/or dashboard creation using Tableau and supporting data tools. As the lead, you will become the analytic subject matter expert who guides the other team members in developing solutions that provide insights to drive business decisions and proactively identifying opportunities for deeper analysis.
What you will do:
- Lead other Performance Reporting Analysts
- Serve a multitude of functions including but not limited to: marketing insights, business analysis, data stewardship, data analysis, report and dashboard design and development
- Consult with other team members on data analysis and data management questions
- Gather requirements for reports/dashboards, proof-of-concepts
- Work with development team to enhance/create new data models for dashboard consumption
- Write SQL queries for reports and dashboards
- Create complex Tableau calculations to drive metrics/functions
- Manage portfolio of BI apps ensuring peers and client’s needs are met
- Run a combination of semi-automated and automated reports and identify outliers, reconciling as necessary
- Develop and evangelize ‘bleeding edge’ visualization techniques
- Develop methodologies for aggregating results from various programs and campaigns
- Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends
- Reconcile disjointed data sources as needed
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Assist junior analysts
What you will need:
- Prior Leadership Experience
- 4+ years experience working directly with clients developing data derived insights through BI and analysis tools (Tableau, QlickView) and/or SQL methods (direct query)
- BA/BS degree in a math, computer science or related analytical degree is preferred but not required. Relevant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to perform data quality and reconciliation activities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Strong understanding of databases, data integrity, joins, and ultimately how that relates to the business
- Must be able to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Advanced Excel skills
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in Tableau
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.