Career Now is seeking a Cloud Database Administrator (DBA) to join our growing Technology & Product team in IT Services (Operations). You will leverage your years of hands-on database experience to tune, optimize, monitor, manage and scale a polyglot database environment (NoSQL, Redis, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Snowflake). You will report directly to the EVP, Technology & Product. Our environment is fast paced, dynamic, proactive and full of career growth.
What you will do:
- Maintain SQL and No-SQL databases in a 24x7 environment
- Own, manage and monitor the Data Infrastructure (RDS, Snowflake, Security, REDIS)
- Tune queries to improve performance; Work with developers and suggest ways to improve performance
- Troubleshooting performance problems, Disk/Memory/CPU utilization within AWS and suggest resolutions
- Write DDL and DML scripts, Database Modeling (Relational, Schema, Document, Data Warehouse)
- Experience reviewing, coaching, and mentoring data engineers (Code Reviews, Training Sessions).
- Review, update and document disaster recovery strategy
- Review, update and document disaster backup strategy
- Strong understanding of MySQL database fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL Native Replication fundamentals
- Strong understanding of MySQL database security management
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs
- Find and resolve database integrity issues
- Monitor Database Server Performance
- Administer jobs, alerts and backups
- Ability to write alert scripts which monitor DB specific situations
- Deployment of database change scripts
- Knowledge of Data Change Management (ITIL) best practices
- Knowledge of Data categorization, cleansing, normalization, cataloging
- Understanding of columnar/document databases
- Troubleshoot service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience as a Database Administrator).
- 3+ years of DBA experience in cloud/on-prem/hybrid data center
- Experience administering Data Warehouse/Lake and Relational/Document Storage (Snowflake, MySQL, Mongo)
- An organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Intrinsically motivated Self-Starter and Critical thinker who can multitask.
- Bonus experience and/or knowledge:
- ETL Experience (Matillion, SSIS, FiveTran, Informatica, etc)
- AWS Aurora
- Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.