What you will do:
- Security scanning for infrastructure, servers and platform programming languages
- Harden php using OWASP Configuration Best Practices
- Patch management and vulnerability tracking
- Review, update and document security disaster recovery strategy
- Review, update and document security disaster backup strategy
- Strong understanding of Security best practices, tooling and remediation
- Audit configuration, access levels, and logs
- Write, execute and/or leverage code, scripts, and/or processes to pass security audits
- Assist, create and/or execute CI/CD Pipelines
- Create, manage and/or monitor AWS infrastructure
- Advise developers on the most efficient security designs
- Knowledge of Data Security (ITIL) best practices
- Troubleshoot service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience as a Database Administrator).
- 3+ years of experience with cloud native environments and cloud IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) along with the best practices around securing cloud environments (IAM, network security controls, AWS Config, etc.)
- Experience adhering to compliance regimes such as SOC 2 Type 2, PCI, ISO 27001/27002, etc.
- Scripting and automation experience (Python, Node.js, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with networking and application protocols such as TCP, UDP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with IDS and/or IPS (OSSEC, Snort, Suriciata, Wazuh, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux servers
- Experience with security scanning within CI/CD pipelines
- An organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Intrinsically motivated Self-Starter and Critical thinker who can multitask.
- Bonus experience and/or knowledge:
- Certification: AWS Certified Security - Specialty and/or other AWS certifications
- One or more certifications of: CISSP, OSCP, GSEC, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, and/or CloudFormation
- Experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and/or Salt
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.