Career Now Brands is seeking a Chief Financial Officer with experience scaling high-growth businesses to join our executive leadership team. The CFO will work closely with our founders and Board of Directors to lead all aspects of our finance and accounting functions. This role involves both strategy and execution, and we require a hands-on leader who relishes getting into the details and getting things done. This role will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting / budgeting, AP/AR, financial planning and analysis, and compliance.
We are looking to fill this position with a positive, team-minded individual looking to grow with us!
What you will do:
● Manage all aspects of the finance and accounting function, including supervision of all finance and accounting personnel
● Implement processes and systems to provide critical financial information to manage, guide, and scale the business
● Prepare financial statements, monthly reporting, and ad hoc analyses
● Analyze and forecast business initiatives, product launches and new service offerings
● Establish KPI sales metrics for comp plans, lifetime value, customer acquisition costs etc.
● Evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to short- and long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts
● Establish key financial objectives that align with the company’s growth plans
● Enhance internal control systems
● Ensure local, state, and federal government regulatory compliance throughout the organization’s financial processes and reporting obligations
● Report directly to the CEO and Board of Directors
What you will need:
● 10+ years of finance and accounting experience in leadership roles
● BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field; MS/MBA is a plus
● CPA is an added bonus, but not required
● Growth stage experience is critical: A successful candidate must have hands-on experience scaling processes and creating and executing on financial reporting and strategy in a high-growth organization
● Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
● Keen analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills to provide strategic data interpretation
● High-level data analysis and forecasting skills
● Familiarity with QBO with the potential to upgrade our accounting software
● Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group as well as independently
● Excellent leadership skills
● Experience with Private Equity and/or M&A is preferred
● Experience at Tech companies is a bonus
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives in their career pursuits.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria