Career Now is seeking a Business Analyst/Product Owner who will work side-by-side with our growing Technology & Product team. You will combine business analyst, project management, product owner and scrum master responsibilities to help identify, define, and document requirements to ensure successful delivery of products and feature requests. Our environment is fast paced, dynamic, proactive and full of career growth.
What you will do:
- Assist in the definition, scoping and development of new product features and enhancements. This includes collaboration with Product Manager, Design and Engineering.
- Translate product inputs into well-defined functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Deliver well written user stories, acceptance criteria and work to refine requirements for feature development based on the roadmaps.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively work within an Agile project team consisting of business and technical resources to help translate needs and ‘wants’ into designs and estimates.
- Assist with conducting Daily Stand-Ups & other Scrum Ceremonies like backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospective.
- Support product development by performing acceptance and validation testing, and post-implementation reviews.
- Provide technical support, consulting, training and problem-solving to internal and external stakeholders.
- Track, triage, and help resolve defects and bugs. Advise on interim operational solutions with Product Support and Engineering.
- Collaborate with the UX Designers to create screen mockups and prototypes.
- Client troubleshooting via SQL queries and basic syntax
What you will need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in business analysis, product or project management.
- A business or industry-related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Agile process and working experience of Agile methodologies.
- Must have the ability to use querying languages to extract and analyze data (e.g. Basic SQL queries)
- Experience working with product managers and business leaders to develop product roadmaps and feature development.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, highly organized and adaptable to shifting business priorities.
- Be able to wear multiple hats – technical business analyst, project manager, scrum master, quality assurance - all of these are roles that will likely come into play with this position.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities / projects and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.