We are looking for a Data Engineer who will work closely with the engineering, analysis, and campaign operations teams to source, integrate, and structure data using Matillion & Snowflake from various data sources including but not limited to: SQL databases, Facebook, Google Analytics, Salesforce, SFTP. Candidates will be expected to document and streamline data migration efforts. Successful candidates will become the subject matter experts of our most valuable asset (data) by creating and maintaining a data environment that gives Career Now Brands greater speed to insight and the ability to scale.
Training on our business and services is provided. We are looking to fill this position with a positive, team-minded individual looking to grow with us!
What you will do:
- Serve a multitude of functions including but not limited to: ETL/ELT, data architecture, data integration, data stewardship, systems administration
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and streaming services
- Design data flow diagrams
- Consult with other team members data management questions
- Work with development team to enhance/create new data models for dashboard consumption
- Manage a portfolio of BI apps ensuring peers and client’s needs are met
- Run a combination of semi-automated and automated reports and identify outliers, reconciling as necessary
- Develop methodologies for aggregating results from various programs and campaigns
- Confirm data integrity and perform analysis to identify trends
- Reconcile disjointed data sources as needed
What you will need:
- 2+ years of developing ETL/ELT solutions (Matillion, Fivetran, Alooma, SSIS, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- 2+ years of developing API integrations (Python, Bash, etc.)
- 2+ years of developing SQL queries and/or data structures for analysis purposes (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, SAS, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with unstructured data (XML, JSON)
- Familiarity with data warehouse design methodologies (Inmon, Kimball)
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information systems, or a related analytical field is preferred but not required. Relevant experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Highly accountable self-starter with the ability to work well within a group, as well as independently
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail with the ability to perform deep QA and reconciliation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements; programming experience
- Must show a strong understanding of data and data relationships and be knowledgeable of various database structures
- Must be able to handle multiple clients and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Priority will be given to candidates with back-end design experience in Matillion or Snowflake.
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
Interested? Apply at: https://airtable.com/shrqZe7yhtT6q2s4x
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.