Career Now is seeking a Manager, IT Operations who will lead a growing IT Operations team with Technology. IT Operations supports all areas of Career Now Brands operations. You will expand your knowledge of IT asset & service management, IT governance, software, hardware, networking, telephony, server administration and security. Our environment is fast paced, dynamic, proactive and full of career growth.
What you will do:
- Lead a diverse team of IT Operations team members (Technicians, System Engineers, DevSecOps, Database Administration, Field & Desktop Support, and other IT Staff)
- Oversee all network, infrastructure and systems functionality and security
- Responsible for establishing SOPs, best practices, incident response plans, Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience in a mixed environment of Windows, and Mac.
- Support team members with troubleshooting laptop, software, hardware and other issues.
- Support team members with the installation of upgrades of new hardware, software, firmware, etc to the client environment including servers, laptops, printers, etc.
- Oversee and establish quality and productivity benchmarks
- Support team members with Imaging/provisioning of new and existing client machines.
- Support team members with technology assets (network hardware, software, communication/telephony links, LAN, WAN, WiFi, VPN, NICs, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Ownership of the administration of O365, GSuite and other SaaS Solutions.
- Support team members with some security activities (including but not limited to penetration testing, Wireshark, Kali Linux, and other security tools)
- Some DevOps activities (including but not limited to provisioning of virtualized servers, creation of build pipelines, and other technologiesin AWS).
- Work with and coordinate 3rd Party Vendors (vendor management)
- Lead the strategy and make recommendations for improving areas of IT Operations
What you will need:
- Prior Leadership Experience Required
- 5+ years in a Service Desk or IT Technician Support Role
- Knowledge of desktop, server and networking support
- Mac and Windows experience.
- An organized and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-Starter and Critical thinker who can multitask
- May require some rotating on-call coverage and emergency response as needed
- Cloud and Virtualized Infrastructure (AWS Administration and Configuration Management)
- CompTIA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE and/or other certifications
- Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree or equivalent experience
- E911 experience
- Knowledge and/or Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/Puppet/Ansible)
- Office 365, G-Suite, LastPass, Security Camera Systems, Door Entry Systems
Career Now Brands brings creative marketing solutions to recruitment and enrollment practices in the trucking, education and job distribution industries. Our flagship products - CDL Job Now, Career School Now and RocketPost - help build our clients' businesses while impacting millions of lives by boosting employment and enrollments across the U.S.
This position will be in our new downtown Royal Oak headquarters. We recently renovated a large industrial warehouse into a modern, new office that embodies the culture and character of Detroit’s most innovative tech startup.
Interested? Apply at:
To learn more about our company, please visit www.careernowbrands.com
Career Now Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.